Monday, January 2, 2012

The year it all comes together

I think that 2012 will be a pivotal year in many ways.

For me, the first part of 2011 was a very hard and unpleasant one. The second half was the polar opposite and it just got better and better.

My prediction is that this year will continue improving. I've just spend some amazing days in the bushveldt and I feel utterly rejuvenated and motivated. There's nothing like going on game drives, chilling by the pool overlooking the savannah and mountains like food for the soul.

Now I know we always make resolutions for the new year, but this year I feel truly motivated. It helps being in a better frame of mind. So beside my bucket list I plan the following this year:
* Eat healthy and get my energy levels back on track. I still have my weigh-less file so I will be making use of it that's for sure.
* Get fit again. This should also help with my erratic sleeping patterns. This means gym 3 times a week minimum.
* Reduce my cholesterol levels. That means bye bye to regular pastry indulgence and take away meals.
* Try out the recipes I've always wanted to from my wok bible and asian flavours cooking books.
* Get back into archery and nail the gold!
* Start meditation.

The eating healthy and exercising should also help me with weight loss. I would love to loose 2kg a month. I think that is a reasonable weighty loss plan. That should bring me close to my ideal weight by the end off the year.

On the work front I plan to do some short courses and catch up on 3 years of stagnation.

Wow! A busy year ahead. I'll keep you posted on how it all works out.

1 comment:

  1. Your post has even invigorated me :D Glad to hear you're well rested!!

    ReplyDelete