I had some very mushy bananas and what better idea than to make banana cupcakes on a glorious Sunday? This recipe makes 12 muffins.
225g unsalted butter, softened
225g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour sifted
1/4 tsp nutmeg
225g mashed bananas
100g chocolate chips
200g cream cheese / mascarpone
175g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
edible glitter, and decorations
1. Pre-heat an oven to 180C. Place baking cases in muffin tins.
2. Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar , flour, eggs and nutmeg and beat until smooth.
3. Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
4. Spoon the batter in the cases and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the muffins when cooked and allow to cool down.
5. To make the icing, slowly beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence together.
6. Swil or pipe the icing onto the cooled muffins and decorate with edible glitter and decorations.