Thursday, January 5, 2012

Glue and Sushi

Every year we make resolutions and every year we break them. So how can one stick to them like glue? I thought for a while about it and realised that trying to lose weight solo is not fun, that it would be easier with a friend. My friend Lownstar was moaning that he’s become too fat and unfit and that is when the light bulb of Eureka popped over my head: I challenged him to a Weight Loss and Fitness Challenge. 

This is how it will work. We have set monthly goals for which we get points if we achieve them and loose points if we don’t. The monthly winner gets taken out for sushi. I can’t think of a better motivation than free sushi. The reason I’ve chosen my friend as a sparring partner is that he is very stubborn and the least likely person to flake out on me. His addiction to sushi and stubbornness will force me to be diligent about going to gym and sticking to my Weigh-Less eating plan.

My monthly goals: Gym 3 times a week, Pilates once a week, 2kg weight loss/month and not exceeding my Weigh-Less eating plan. If I lose more weight or go to the gym more often I get points for that too. Goals not achieved will result in a point loss. The system still needs to be figured out in more detail, as it needs to be fair both ways.

My current stats:
Weight: 99kg at the start of the week (beached whale anyone). I’ve somehow already managed to ditch 2kgs. I am happy. And I have already earned my point for that. MWAHAHAH! Keep fingers crossed that there will be more by the end of the month.
Waist circumference: 90cm. I aim to get to 80cm and less, and to fit in a size 34 again.
Hip circumference: 126cm. Reduce reduce!
Thigh circumference: 78cm. This is my biggest problem area. I would like to get down to a size 38 or 36 even.
Arm circumference: 40cm. Bye bye bingo wings. I mean it!

By the end of the year I hope to be presentable in a bathing suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment