Monday, January 9, 2012

Weight Loss & Fitness Challenge: Week 1

So I'm one week into the challenge and so far so good. I've managed to shed the 3kg that crept on during the holiday, which makes me very happy. I’m down to 96 this morning.

I've also been to gym 3 times and had my pilates session. I was talking with my next door neighbour (KM) and she informed me that the Planet Fitness next to home has NIA classes on a Thursday afternoon. I love dancing and it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I can’t wait to try it out. KM and I are also planning on walking twice a week. My other friend Bee also wants to get back on track with Weigh-Less so once a week we’ll meet up for a weigh-in and healthy lunch.

I think doing this challenge with friends will help me stay on track. That has been the hardest part in the past. I’m also mentally in the right space to be doing this. I think trying to be healthy when one is depressed does not work.

Funnily enough I haven't got any chocolate cravings...yet. That's a good sign. The hardest part was giving up coffee. One more week and I can have my morning cuppa again. Rooibos just does not have the same effect as a good cup of coffee.

On the not so great part. I went to have blood tests done. My fasting glucose levels are fine and good. My cholesterol on the other hand, not so much. They’re sitting at 6.9mmol/l. They should be less than 5. So I've been told to take lots of Omega3 and eat healthy and exercise. Funny how that's just what I've started doing. In 6 weeks time I need to go back and if the levels are still high then we know it's genetic and I'll have to take meds. Keep fingers crossed that my health regime will be the cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment