Monday, December 12, 2011

Manners maketh the man

Never have words been truer.

My friend Bast is coming up from PE for a few days before Christmas. She's had a very rough two years and I thought it would be really cool to get all her Joburg friends together for a bring 'n braai. So I got all their email addresses from Bast and sent out invites 2 weeks ago for an event that is taking place this Friday. I requested that they RSVP by last Friday, which would give me time to plan food. 

3 people responded the day I sent out the invites. Since then, nothing! So today I sent out a message, that I needed RSVPs. Slowly the responses are trickling in (all apologies that they can't make it).

I swear there are so many South Africans (OK, maybe you get them all over the world) that have absolutely no manners. And it grates my carrot. How hard is it to RSVP? Did these people's parents never teach them that it is very rude to not respond to a host? Do they not realise that not replying to an email does not constitute as no? The host(ess) wonders if they have received the invite, or if they will respond. It's a limbo response.

These are also unfortunately the type of people who will consistently cancel at the last minute or always come late. It shows a complete lack of respect towards other people. Can you just imagine what they must be like in the work environment?

Woosaaah...Breathe in....Breathe out... This should not get me in a tizz the way it has, but it still manages to get under my skin. I guess that's what happens you get a superior upbringing. You can never hang out with the plebs.

3 comments:

  1. Well, thanks a ton for trying. Silly people. You move to the other side of the country and you may as well have floated off the damn planet.
    We shall go forth and make our own damn entertainment. There shall be singing and dancing and much imbibing and covert (possibly overt) looks at all the likely manflesh.

    Currently orbiting Jupiter
    Bast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! We are most certainly going to set the town alihjt! I can't wait :-)And tough titties to those missing out on it!

    ReplyDelete