Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Looking stupid in the cinema

It has become the new movie gimmick. Nearly every movie released has been subjected to it. Some movies tack it on and some are designed around it. Not having the choice to watch a movie normally drives me batty and has reduced the number of times I head off to the cinema.

Yes, you've guessed it. I'm talking about 3D.

The Oatmeal sums it up beautifully.

There are very few movies I want to watch in 3D and those are usually animated movies. I loved How to tame your dragon in 3D, especially the scenes where they are flying through the clouds. But as for other movies, thanks but no thanks, I want to watch them normally. The 3D glasses generally give me a headache and never fit right and the 3D effects are not that great.

Why can I not choose how I want to watch my movies. Some movies to give you a normal option, but to find a cinema that screens the normal version is like finding a needle in a  haystack. I realise that cinemas want to make more money, as if normal movie tickets weren't expensive enough. I think however, that they are driving many clients away. I have spoken to many people and they are all getting annoyed at the 3D phenomena.

Oh and now they are making...GASP!...3D TV. Seriously? Why? Go away 3D. Shoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment