Monday, December 19, 2011

Artist of the week: WOODKID

My friend Bast introduced me to a new artist: Woodkid. His real name is Yoann Lemoine and he's a French music video director, film director and musician. His first album (which I'm currently listening to) is called IRON EP.

I don't know how to describe his music. Definitely indie, with piano, violins, trumpets, drums and orchestration.  His French upbringing definitley comes throughin the melodies. I'm not talking about acordeon java style French music, but the French balads I grew up with. The music will grip you and not let go.I heartily recommend you listen to it.

And watch the music video for Iron. Oh! My! It is stupendously exquisite and haunting. It features Agnes Deyn, an owl, wolves, gorgeous men and mind-blowing cinematography. This guy is damn good at what he does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment