Monday, February 27, 2012

Fitness and Weight Loss Challenge: Week 8

I have not blogged much regarding the challenge this month. Why? Well, there is nothing to report really. I lost 1 kg at the start of the month (I am now down to 92kg) and I have not lost a gram since.

I have hit my first plateau and it just SUCKS! It’s utterly demotivating to be eating really healthily and exercising and not having anything to show for it. I am at a loss of how to get past it. I do a variety of exercises at gym to prevent my body from getting used to routine. I’m following the Weigh-Less eating plan as closely as possible, but I just cannot eat the quantities of veggies that I should (400-700g/day). I get full so quickly. So I try and eat “heavier” veggies to hit 200g in one sitting, but that is not always possible. I was logging what I was eating on MyFitnessPal, and it clearly showed that I am under their recommended calories for weight-loss. It’s possible my body is rebelling against me and hoarding fat. So I’m working really hard at eating more, but the quantities just make me feel nauseous.

It’s really hard to remain motivated at a time like this. Now of course this week my body is screaming blue murder for all the things I should not eat. Thanks PMS. I love you too. So it’s a double challenge: to stay motivated and to not reach for food for that instant comfort.

We’ll see in two Saturday’s time what my cholesterol levels are up to. I was supposed to go this Saturday but the clinic is only open every second Saturday. I admit I am nervous. It should have dropped. I have lost some weight, exercising regularly and eating healthy. But with my luck nothing will have happened.

So yes, feeling utterly miserable right now. Sorry for the whine and whinge.

Then again, as I am learning in the "Living Your Potential" course (more on that in another blog): THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I just need to be patient.

2 comments:

  1. i have hit a plateau too (again), my weight has not shifted at all for a month!

    i do weight watchers by the way, i don't know if you have that in SA? i have lost 17kg but it's taken a year and a bit it's a long bloody hard slog, just stick to it!

    you should check my blog our for some low calorie recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a million! I'm going to check out those recipes :-)

      Delete