Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Road Tripping

Tomorrow is a public holiday (Human Rights Day) and the start of a nice week and a half long break. I have been looking forward to this break since December when I booked my plane ticket to go visit my friend Jen in Port Elisabeth.

I have been threatening for ages that I would go visit and I just never got around to it. Finally I decided to be spontaneous (It's amazing what a bonus will do) and I'm leaving on a jet plane on Friday.

I'm so excited!

I've never visited PE. The only things that I know from that area are the Addo Elephant Park, St Francis Bay and Jeffferey's Bay. Jen has promised to show me all the hidden gems, and when we are not traipsing around we'll be chilling by her house overlooking the sea. When they say seafront property, Jen's place is what they have in mind: sea, coastline, house.

This Saturday we are going to Tsitsikamma to do the Canopy Tour and then on to Knysna, where there happens to be a Literary Festival that very weekend. We are lucky to have some free accomodation in Knysna thanks to a friend's mother who lives there. I've never done the Garden Route and am quite happy to finally be exploring some of it.

I am equally looking forward to seeing Jen and catching up on everything that's been happening in our lives.

Bring on the Holiday Road Trip!

PS: I will be posting about my adventures, don't you worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment