Thursday, March 7, 2013

Around the World in 80 Meals: Saigon

We went to eat at Saigon in Rivonia. I love Thai / Vietnamese food so I was really excited as my all time favourite restaurant, Cranks, had closed down due to very shady happenings (attempted murder, cover-ups, scandal!).

We had quite a large turnout, around 20 people. Once everyone arrived we waited quite a while to place our orders. Having arrived at 7, ordering around 8, we only got our food at 9, after inquiring numerous times as to where our food was. Now I understand that we were a big table. But 1 hour? And later, after most people had left, deserts were ordered which took almost 1/2 hour to arrive. For 3 deserts! I mean really.

The food itself was okay. But I've had nicer food elsewhere. Many people have raved about Saigon but I will certainly not recommend it. You'll have a nicer selection, and tastier food at Kai Thai or 2 Thai 4. And most definitley better service!

No comments:

Post a Comment