Friday, January 4, 2013

Kick-starting the new year

2012 has predominantly been a good year. I achieved quite a fw things on my bucket list, I got to go to the UK for the first time and had a blast, I lost weight (though some came creeping back), I enjoyed my work and I met many new and interestng people.

Yes my grandfather died and I was diagnosed with stress and anxiety induced depression, but's all part of life. I miss my grandfather very much and there is a bif sore hole I walk around with. I will never stop missing him but with time the pain will lessen. AS for the depression, happy pills make life much easier and te ones I'm on don't affect me like othe anti-depressants would. I actuall sleep well, something quite novel to me, and my libido hasn't taken a dip. I accept that this is something I will be living with for the rest of my life and I'm okay with that.

As for 2013, I think it will be a great year. Or at least, I plan to make it great. There are a number of things I am looking forward to: Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Metallica live in concert, and a trip down to PE around easter.

Then there is my bucket list, which is so much fun! I can't believe I waitedso long before putting one together. I guess I had to be in the right frame of mind.

I'm already starting the year 2kg lighter than when I left on holiday (thanks to insane temperatures in the kruger that made me live off water and a salad because it was too hot to eat anything else). My cousin Verena and my friend Lia's weight loss has inspired me to get back on board with weigh-less and to get fit again. I had done really well last year and then I got really ill over winter, that coupled with an overseas trip and my grandfather's death had a detrimental effect on the weight-loss and I piled on a couple of kgs. This year's aim is to loose 20kg. Fingers crossed. Healthy eating has started as of today and I know how hard 2 weeks of no coffee is going to be. That's the only part of weigh-less I don't like.

So here's to 2013! Bring it on! And who knows, I may meet the man I deserve this year ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment