Monday, July 16, 2012

Food for the soul

I am happy to announce that my new medication seems to be working. I am finally sleeping a lot better. I only wake up once a night and I fall asleep fairly quickly. It’s a glorious feeling. On the secondary symptoms side though, I suddenly developed the munchies. All I wanted to do was eat and eat and eat. And it was not cravings orientated. I just wanted food. But that too has calmed down. I think that I was probably resetting my appetite from meh, I don’t feel like food to yes, food is nice and I will have some.
My snotty nose is still around however. When I will get rid of it I don’t know. One day I will come across meds that will help. However, I will not let that get in the way and I’m FINALLY going back to gym. Next Sunday is the 702 Walk the Talk and I am doing the 8km walk. I need to remind my body that walking is easy.
The end of last week I was feeling rather frazzled (due to a mix of circumstances I won’t get into right now) and I needed to talk to someone and get a new perspective. So on the spur of the moment I went to visit Clemma. We have not seen each other in a while and it was awesome to catch up. We have one of those lovely friendships where even though we have not seen each other in ages we pick up right where we left off. We don’t get annoyed with each other if we don’t have weekly news.  It’s very low maintenance but we are quite close. Ooh the stories I could tell of the shenanigans we got up to at university. Awesome memories! And to think when we first met she thought I was an aloof bitch. Hehe!
Anyway, I brought scones, cream and strawberries and we sat, had coffee and had a long heart-warming chat. There is nothing better than having an awesome friend who will help you see through the forest and offer great advice. Thank you ma Cherie!
And while we sat and chatted, we oohed and aahed over Clemma’s brand new Jack Russel puppy, Lilly. Lilly is tiny and adorable. You could just eat her up. Clemma and Jono already have a JR called Oscar, a cute endearing little monster. Oscar is besotted with Lilly. She’s the best thing since doggy treats. It was utterly adorable watching the two play together. Oscar could get a bit rough and she would growl at him, resulting with him rolling onto his back for forgiveness. You can already see who will be the boss! They played tug of war with Jono’s old slipper, they ran across the lawn into the flowerbeds (thank goodness Agapanthus are forgiving  plants). When I left, they had both crashed and were sound asleep, together, in Oscar’s bed. Snoo and Squeeness!
It is unbelievably rejuvenating to watch animals play together. You forget all your worries and issues and realise that all you were worried about is really not that big a deal, that you will cross the bridge when you get to it, and that you will be calm when you do.
Thank you Clemma for all your sound advice and letting me recharge my batteries in your lovely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment