Thursday, November 17, 2011

Artist of the Week: YOAV

Sunday I discovered the most amazing artist: YOAV. He opened Tori Amos' concert.


He is a singer-songwriter of Israeli-Romanian descent and raised in South Africa. His music is based solely on his vocals and an acoustic guitar and uses a loop-station. He has the most insane talent. My jaw just dropped listening to him. Without realising I had heard one of his remixed songs on the radio We all are dancing. Well, let me tell you, the un-mixed version will blow your socks off. It's just superb.


He also did a re-interpretation of the Pixies' Where is my mind that is just haunting. It featured in the movie Sucker Punch's soundtrack.


So whatever you do, please please please find his songs and listen to them. I promise you will not regret it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice - and haven't heard the pixies song for some time now as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he's hot - you forgot to say he's hot. Very hot.

    ReplyDelete