Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The 2012 Bucket List

I am feeling so much better than yesterday. Had my crisis and am ready to face the world again, though I could do with a big jar of Nutella, you know, because it tastes so good.


In the spirit of making sure I haven't done anything with my life, I have decided to create a Bucket List for next year. I have no intention of pegging anytime soon, but I don't know what else to call it. A To Do List sounds like it should includes grocery shopping, paying bills and washing up.


So here are some of the things I'd like to do next year (once the oh so ghastly credit card and other debts are paid off. I've been waiting 10 weeks now for part of my retirement annuity to be paid out so that I can pay off the stupid debt. Sigh!):


1. Canopy Tours. Magaliesburg and then maybe Magoebaskloof and Tsitssikama.


2. Hot air balloon ride.


3. Visit the Irene Country Market.


4. Visit the Pretoria Botanical Gardens, and other parks in and around Gauteng. Possibly picnic linked with friends. That would be really nice.


5. Going to the Pretoria Zoo. I haven't been there since I was a kid.


6. Visit Erica and Hendri in the UK in September. Advice as to places to visit in 2 weeks?


7. Regular attendance to the Bioscope.


8. Taking up ballroom dancing.


9. Explore and discover the hidden gems in Joburg.


10. Teach myself photography through an online course. Spudson to provide me with the details.


11. Going to HQ for 60 day matured sirloin steak.


12. Visit art galleries and markets.



I think that should keep me busy enough....

1 comment:

  1. Howdee. I like it that you have a short and manageable list. Groovy! Dont know what level of photography you are into and if you do point and shoot or proper DSLR type photography but here is a site i found that looks cool if you want to do online (but I would rather recommend a short course). http://www.inst.org/photography-courses/become.htm. I did some short courses through CODP http://www.codp.co.za which is after hours or Saturdays. They are based in Rosebank and you can do a course you are interested in ie. wildlife, weddings or whatever tickles your fancy. I also did a fabulous black and white photography course with a Sally at Wits so you get to take awesome pictures in Braamfontein - that I did on film which was cool as you get to play in a dark room. The hot air balloon ride is also something I am interested in although my fear of heights may pose a problem. They are quite expensive though but I see that there are some great specials on Groupon every now and again so maybe look out for those as you can get 50% plus off. Anyhow, happy exploring and discovering in 2012.

    ReplyDelete