Tuesday, October 18, 2011

WARNING: May contain garlic

Yesterday I decided to harvest some of my home grown herbs and make my very own basil pesto. It was a huge success. I believe that had any vampires decided to have a go at me they would have disintegrated into sparkly dust.




Ingredients


Approx 50g basil (or rocket or both)


Crushed garlic (the quantity will depend if you are vampire hunting or having to go to work the next day)


Grated Parmesan (again, quantities at your discretion)


Pine nuts (or walnuts or pecan nuts)


Olive oil




Food blender is a must, be it a handheld one, or a snazzy one. Otherwise you can use a mortar and pestle and be at it for years. Your choice really.




Method


Whizz up the greens. Add the garlic, Parmesan and nuts. Whizz whizz whizz until you have a paste. Slowly add olive oil until you have the consistency you want.




That's it




Make pasta. Add pesto. Eat! OM NOM! NOM!




HEY PESTO!

No comments:

Post a Comment