Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The light at the end of the tunnel

It has been nearly a month since I've weaned myself off the anti-depressants and I haven't felt this good in a long, long time. I have been monitoring myself very carefully. The last thing I want is to head down that hellhole again. And bar one hiccup, my mood has been 8/10 most days.


Going to the shrink has also taught me a lot about myself. Things that I would not normally have picked up on and when made aware of it, suddenly make sense. It's quite an awakening.


Many factors have played a part, the most important one being the new job. Chinabean told me the other day "They do say that change is as good as a holiday - I'd say the proof is in watching you right now!!!" It's a great affirmation when friends notice the change. The work load is quite hectic, but I am learning so many new things. I'm finally coming into my own. A great reward when colleagues compliment you on work well done and clients request further work from you. And I got to see my very first mining blast. It was HUGE and totally awesome! I'm still on a high from it.


One of the fun things about being off the drugs is not only the happy factor, but that my libido has returned. I had forgotten it was this high. I do feel it needs to be held at bay with a cattle prod lest it try and take me over, but it's good to have the old friend back. Thank goodness for the Rabbit and Duracell batteries.


Life is good. May it continue!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh - more good news! :D So actually, you're having a complete life-overhaul!! Exciting times ahead? I think so. You know what I think made the difference? You were willing to take your happiness into your own hands and not let the world hold back on you...

    ReplyDelete