Monday, September 12, 2011

A Step In The Right Direction

Friday I boldly went where I have not gone in a very very very long time: The Gym!


I am finally in a frame of mind where I am feeling enthusiastic for the future and I've decided to start exercising again. I do pilates once a week, but that's for spinal rehabilitation, and I need to be physically more active.


So off I trundled to Planet Fitness. I was planning on going to Virgin Active which is literally opposite work. But when I found out the monthly fee (with discount) I almost had a heart attack. R400/month! Seriously? Apparently they give you a hot towel and there's a fruit and juice bar and all sorts of flimflammery. I don't care. I just want to exercise.


Thank goodness PF was a fraction of the price. And they had an awesome special of 4 months free Personal Trainer classes. That way I can learn lots of exercise without hurting myself. Phew!


It is my aim to go most weekdays after work to avoid the traffic. Should be feasible. Friday I walked, cycled and did that cross-trainer machine thingy. It was a great feeling!


So here's to a leaner better me!


PS: Of course it helps to stick to a healthy diet. That's the next hurdle. Fruit as snacks need to be implemented (reaches for the diced papaya and strawberries)



3 comments:

  1. Well done! Very proud of you for getting started. Getting into it is a process - enjoy it and don't be too hard on yourself (mentally AND physically)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnabon is not a fruit. Don't try some insane logic to convince yourself it is.

    Otherwise, good luck at the gymnasium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I now work at Melrose Arch, far away from any Cinnabons :-)

    ReplyDelete