Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Happiness

Today was International Happiness Day. On Facebook there was an event page that asked for people to list one thing that made them happy. I thought about it for a long time. What makes me happy? All the things that came to mind were actually things that I am grateful for, and I realise that underneath it all, what I am grateful for makes me happy.  

Grateful to be alive; for the close bond I have with my parents; grateful for the wonderful people in my life; for doing a job that I actually like; for a roof over my head; for sushi… and chocolate…and wine.

Grateful for walking barefoot in the grass; for feeling the wind in my hair; the smell of the rain and amazing South African thunderstorms.

Grateful for my best friends, who although they are thousands of kilometres away in London, are always there for me.

Grateful for these crazy monsters who pile on top of me at night and purr me to sleep.

 
Grateful for love. Giving it. Receiving it.

I probably sound like one of those cheesy motivational posters, but love makes me happy. Such a small thing yet so big and powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment